The unofficial larb eatery

From Ghetto to Gourmet, from Pabst to Perignon, EatFiend is where you will find pictures of food, skateboarding, the ways of the Almighty Larb and drunken ramblings about pictures of food.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

EatFiend @ Hubcap, San Diego

Hello there fellow EatFiends! It certainly has been a minute....      due to the transitional period I was going through with phones. But now it is I, Sgt.Baconator who is back from my hiatus to bring you plenty of content to feed your hunger.

Any who, my most recent dining adventure was at Hubcap, located at 3926 30th street (the old "El Take It Easy") in San Diego (whales vagina), CA.
 The only bar that is around here thats worth mentioning is Bar Pink. Nuff said.
 They have a cool logo on their menu, eve though I have o idea what it has to do with hub caps.
It was a cool open area bar with booth seating and chairs. It also had exposed rafters and beams that gave it that industrial feel. I thought it was cool. Not much hanging on the walls. Lots of real estate for flat screen t.v.'s. I hope they get that done, otherwise I'm not sure how they will be able to compete during the football season.
 On the reverse side of their menu, they show you how they make your burger unless you specify otherwise. 
 Full bar
 It was kinda dark and I still haven't figured out how to work the flash on my phone. We had the peppered salt wings which were really tender and delicious. Here is  alone wing, before being devoured.
 Onion rings
 Had the new beer in town "Saint Archer". Not bad, not bad at all. Saint Archer is a skater (and surfer) owned brewery that opened recently in Miramar. Skaters that are part owner are Bryan Herman, Paul Rodriguez, Sean Malto, Brian "Slash" Hansen, Mike Malto, Omar Salazar and I think skate photographer Atiba Jefferson. Did I get every body? 

I only had one glass. Can't wait to have eleven more.
Support yer fellow skater.
 Did I mention they have a full bar?
Here it is, there burgers. Organic grass fed blah blah blah... IT WAS FUCKING GOOD! 
Cooked rare and loaded with all the fixin's. My first time around I got the double, which satisfied my meat tooth. Next time I'll get the single so I have more room for Saint Archer.

EatFiend

-Sgt.Baconator

No comments :

Post a Comment